Every spring many artisan contractors in Greater Cleveland come out of hibernation and are ready to get back to work.
Every spring, many artisan contractors in Greater Cleveland come out of hibernation and are ready to get back to work. But before they get going, they better make sure they have contractor’s insurance.
The top reasons to have contractor’s insurance:
1.It protects them from financial loss if there is a claim. Contractors may be 100% liable for injuries or property damage that occurs on their worksite.
2. Many municipalities in Greater Cleveland require general liability as part of the process to register and obtain a license to do work in that community.
3. It boosts your creditability to potential clients. When potential customers know you have insurance, they may feel more comfortable hiring you.
4. Gives contractors peace of mind that if something happens, they are protected and lets them concentrate on what they do best as an artisan contractor.
Contractor’s Liability Insurance can cover:
1. Damage to property they cause
2. Bodily injury to a customer or 3rd party they cause
3. Medical payments
4. Attorney Fees
5. Completed operations
6. Advertising injury
For those individuals who you are thinking about venturing out as a contractor and going to go into business, contact your Trusted Choice Insurance advisors at Richey-Barrett at the beginning of the process just as you would contact your attorney or accountant!